[ID3 Dev] ID3v2.4 Unsynchronisation

Michal Vician id3v2 at audiott.com
Fri Jan 12 11:12:26 PST 2007

Hi again,

I have a question concerning the unsynchronisation of ID3v2.4 tag.
In the specification is stated the following:

   To indicate usage of the unsynchronisation, the unsynchronisation
   flag in the frame header should be set. This bit MUST be set if the
   frame was altered by the unsynchronisation and SHOULD NOT be set if
   unaltered. If all frames in the tag are unsynchronised the
   unsynchronisation flag in the tag header SHOULD be set. It MUST NOT
   be set if the tag has a frame which is not unsynchronised.

OK, I understand. This means, that if whole tag is unsynchronized, the
header "unsynchronization flag" is set and also "unsynchronization
flags" of all frames are set. But, I am not sure if the situation can
happen that header "unsynchronization flag" is set and
"unsynchronization flags" of all frames are NOT SET. Is such situation
valid in ID3v2.4?

Regards,
Miso