[ID3 Dev] id2v2.4???

Tom Sorensen tsorensen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 12:28:01 PST 2007

On 1/3/07, Michael Makuch <mkm6 at makuch.org> wrote:
> Am I missing something or is there not an id3lib that reads/writes 2.4?

There is not. There are several other C or C++ libs that do so (e.g.
-- TagLib). I gave up looking for one that can read and write
everything a couple years ago -- most will read any version, but only
write their preferred one.

> Is anyone working on it? I'd be willing to help, since I want it.

Updating id3lib to support 2.4 would be non-trivial; you're better off
using one of the other projects. That said, 2.4 has pretty much been a
failure in the marketplace. There's been occasional discussion about
this on the ID3 mailing list.