[ID3 Dev] New free audio file tagging tool

Mathias Kunter mathiaskunter at yahoo.de
Fri Jun 8 06:02:29 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I'd like to inform you about my new free audio file tagging tool. Concerning ID3 tags, it supports:

reading ID3 tag versions 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4
writing ID3 tag versions 1.0, 1.1, 2.3 and 2.4 (conversion between tag versions)
reading and writing of unsynchronised tags and frames
reading compressed frames
reading and writing ISO, UTF16 and UTF8 encoded tags
support for *all* ID3 2.4 defined text and URL frames
support for both synchronised and unsynchronised lyrics
support for both embedded and linked cover pictures, including features to extract and add covers
correct support for the "InvolvedPeopleList" and "MusicianCreditList"
support for multiple tag items for each frame

Beside that, the tool also supports the following audio file formats:
mp4 (+ its derivates m4a, m4b, m4p)
wma
ogg (vorbis and flac)
flac (native)
ape
wv
mpc
ofr

You can use the tool to test other ID3 tagging implementations or just to simply tag your own audio files. However, note that there is no batch mode (yet) because this is just a test tool. Its source code is going to be released too as soon as I've finished working on my next major release version (planned for Q4/2007).
Current status of the tool is "considered stable", but I'd be happy if you would tell me about possibly still exisiting bugs. Feel free to send me feedback at mathiaskunter at yahoo.de or at support at magic-tagger.com

You can download the tool from www.magic-tagger.com/bin/taggertesttool.zip
You either need Microsoft's .NET framework 2.0 or Windows Vista installed on your computer in order to be able to run the tool.

Best wishes,
Mathias

      __________________________________  Yahoo! Clever: Stellen Sie Fragen und finden Sie Antworten. Teilen Sie Ihr Wissen. www.yahoo.de/clever