[ID3 Dev] escape "/" character

Ben Bennett fiji at ayup.limey.net
Sun Apr 6 16:35:31 PDT 2008

Nasty question.

2.4 defines a sane way to do multiple artists so if you are writing a
2.4 tag then there is no problem.

Unfortunately in 2.3 I don't see any good way to escape it.  So you're
gonna have to map it to something else (perhaps -?, e.g. AC-DC).

However, I haven't seen much that actually undestands multiple artists
(or multiple anything).

The 800lb gorilla (iTunes) doesn't do anything for lists.  It treats
any /s as part of the string and does no futher parsing.  I'm not sure
what it does when it encounters a 2.4 list.

			-ben