[ID3 Dev] Reading Tags into a Database

John Slane jaslane64 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 09:54:23 PST 2011

I hope this is a legitimate question for this mailing list.  Given the audience, I figured it was worth a shot.

Does anyone know of a software program (preferably free) that will read the ID3 tags from a Windows folder full of mp3 files and pump them into something like an SQLite database?  It would be important to also capture the path to each file file location.

I can do this using popular software like MediaMonkey, since its "Library" is an SQLite database that contains the ID3 info and path info for each file selected.  Songbird also creates an SQLite DB.  But these are big programs containing players and other baggage.

Is there something out there that will just collect the tag and path info, and arrange it into a searchable/sortable database?

Thanks!