[ID3 Dev] foobar2000 ID3v2.3 compliance

Ben Allison benski at winamp.com
Mon Mar 28 12:55:43 PDT 2011

Canar (and others) -

I realize that the slash-separator is part of the spec, but I have no
particular plans to implement it in Winamp as the slash character is a
common character used in band names (e.g. AC/DC) and the spec allows no
way of escaping to embed a / in the tag.  Not that Winamp supports
multiple values for the same field, but that's a different issue ;)  I
personally feel that this is a defect in the spec and should be entirely
ignore and null characters should be used as Peter had previously
implemented.  Are there players other than Foobar 2000 that use multiple
values in ID3v2 and do they support the slash character, also?

-Ben Allison