[ID3 Dev] id3v2 (the app): a question re: tag data formatting

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sat Apr 21 02:55:30 PDT 2012

I've recently begun experimenting with doing a little coding in C to
manipulate ID3 tags, and have come across something that surprised me.

Briefly, the code I've written so far just parses the ID3 tag and spits
out the raw data from each frame.  What's surprising to me is that the
actual data in many frames contains leading zeroes.  I'm just wondering
why this is.  I've used the id3v2 program to tag most of my files.

Can anyone offer any insight into this?  Is this an expected/required
behavior, or possibly a bug in the id3v2 implementation?

Thanks!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net