[ID3 Dev] WinAPM and ID3 tags?

Michal Vician id3v2 at audiott.com
Mon Feb 6 04:18:07 PST 2006

Last time I was wondering what encoding do WinAMP use to write ID3v1. I
founded out that it depends on machine, because Winamp uses default system
encoding. However, I was wondering that it also writes ID3v2 in exactly
the same way! The "encoding" byte of frame indicates that frame text
should be encoded in ISO-8859-1 (%0), but WinAMP encoded and wrote it in
my system's default encoding, which seems to be something like "Windows
1251".
Is it possible or do I have hallucination?