[ID3 Dev] WinAPM and ID3 tags?

Michal Vician id3v2 at audiott.com
Mon Feb 6 11:32:35 PST 2006

>> The right thing to do at this point would be to read them and
>> (preferably)
>> write them out in proper UTF-16, but it won't fix any read-only media
>> (CD,
>> streamed media, etc).
>
> It's worth pointing out that this is the new behavior.  All frames are
> written out in UTF-16 if any of the frames are edited.

Okay, but will you also implement all the other encodings which are very
likely to be used by other applications (I mean ISO-8859-1, and also
UTF-16BE and UTF-8 if talking about ID3v2.4)?. It would be worth for
reading the tag. If yes, how do you want to recognize what encoding was
used if the "encoding byte" is set to "$01"? It may be ISO-8859-1 or
system default.