[ID3 Dev] archives?

Dan O'Neill id3v2 at northpb.com
Tue Feb 7 05:33:25 PST 2006

Scott Wheeler wrote:
> I just noticed that the list is apparently alive again; it died a few years
> back and apparently when brought back didn't keep the subscribers list.
>
> Does anyone know if there's a set of archives available?  I'd just like to see
> if there's anything terribly important that's crossed over the list of late.

Hi Scott,

Welcome back, glad you found the list again. It was revived about a year
ago.  There are archives for that time period, I've just not had the
motivation or time to put them up in a web interface.

Topics over the last year of interest:
  - Chapter and Table of Contents Frame defined, version 1.0 frame
    definition released.
    http://www.id3.org/develop.html

  - General discussion of tag incompatibilities v2.3 v. v2.4

  - General discussion of players and tag writers that don't
    follow the "standard"

  - Syncsafe integer definitions in v2.4

  - New library implementation for .NET
    http://www.id3.org/implement.html

And other assorted tag formatting/content definition questions. I'll try
to make time to put up the archive in the next few weeks.

dano