[ID3 Dev] ID3v2.5

Ion Todirel iontodirel at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 06:58:01 PST 2006

D:\Music\Albums\Electronica\Goa Trance\The History Of Goa Trance\09. The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing.mp3 :

          content metadata
          audio content

  content metadata:

          ID3v2.5 Identifier | Full Metadata Size | Text Frames Encoding    ->
          ---------------------------  -------------------------------  -----------------------------

  Changes (from ID3v2.4):

      - no extended header
      - no padding
      - no footer
      - encoding is apply to all metadata (all frames)
      - all metadata are syncronized or codified in such format that this will not alter
        mp3 frames, including ID3v2.5 Metadata Identifier
      - there is only text and objects (binary) frames, put in it what you wont and name it
        how you wont. For text frames will be apply metadata encoding, for binary not.
      - structure version (tag version), will be in ID3v2.5 Identifier.
      - encoding is applying only on frames, text frames!
      - no tag restrictions
      - no syncsafe integers, no!
      -

  ->     Frames ...

  ID3v2.5 Frame:

      Full Frame Size
      Frame Name (at end is a null terminated char, so frame name is not fixed)
      IsBinary
      Content

  Thats all, from my perspective. Simplicity is a good thing, is you think that thi is a good idea or not please comment. Anyway i thinking about sizes... and native frames.