[ID3 Dev] Is it possible to 'lock' ID3 tags?

Brian Mearns bmearns at coe.neu.edu
Fri Jun 16 03:56:39 PDT 2006

I believe there are flags you can set in the individual frame headers to
*mark* them "read only", but it's only on a per-frame basis, not for the
whole tag (so you couldn't stop anyone from adding frames). Plus,
setting this flag is really just making a plea that no one changes it;
it won't actually stop them from doing it, it just tells them you don't
want them to.

-Brian