[ID3 Dev] Multiple frames and ID3v2

Jim jmartin92 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 3 09:40:00 PDT 2006

As I understand it, the standard frames are meant to be unique unless
otherwise specified, like "TCON" or "TXXX".  There is also the extended
header flag for when a later tag contains information that should update or
replace unique frame information contained in a previous tag.

I don't know that there is a standard method for handling repeated frames
that should be unique but have different values.  I would read the first
frame found and ignore any duplicates of that frame.  This probably varies
in different implementations.