AW: AW: [ID3 Dev] Why does Itunes write null terminated strings (v2.2/v2.3) ?

Paul Taylor paul_t100 at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 5 23:41:55 PDT 2007

Mathias Kunter wrote:
> I meant you should never display a null terminator in an user interface
> (how would you actually do that?)
>
> cheers
> Mathias

Yeah I think my problem has been  that I was displaying the terminator,
as I viewed it as part of the String when found in places where a
terminator was not requested by spec, in my application it just looked like
a small square, because as you say it cannot be displayed properly. I
think I will change things to strip out these characters when reading,
and on writing the tag I will not write them.

Paul