[ID3 Dev] Apple iTunes complicance issues

Ernest Prabhakar prabhaka at apple.com
Mon Feb 12 15:41:47 PST 2007

Hi Mitchell,

On Feb 12, 2007, at 12:08 PM, Mitchell S. Honnert wrote:
> Hello Ernie.  I'm sure most of the members of this list would
> greatly appreciate any help you could give with resolving the
> iTunes ID3 compliance issues.  As you can see from the other
> implements the ID3 standards.
>
> I have a quick follow-up question.  What is your criteria for "real-
> world interoperability consequences"?

Thanks for your query, and I can appreciate your concern.  The sort
of data I'm looking for is "When I obtain an MP3 track from this
legal download site, it contains this information which is *not*
usable from iTunes."

That is, while I realize you live in a world where spec conformance
is its own reward, I need to be able to provide concrete customer
usage problems to motivate change.

Does that make sense?

-- Ernie P.