[ID3 Dev] id2v2.4???

Michael Makuch mkm6 at makuch.org
Thu Jan 4 15:15:14 PST 2007

> (foobar2000) only supports writing 2.4 tags

I discovered this recently. In looking for ReplayGain solutions
I tested out fubar. It silently converted my 2.3 tags to 2.4
(test data of course). Very poor behavior IMHO.

I've been relying upon id3lib for 6 years and I'd hate to see
it die a slow death. I have no idea how big an effort it would be
but I'm one ole code slinger who'd give some time towards
adding 2.4 to it. Clearly it is needed.

Mike