[ID3 Dev] Apache mime types fixed (was Re: [ID3 Dev] ID3V2 Icon)

Dale Preston dalepres at msn.com
Thu Jan 25 19:07:33 PST 2007

Thanks, Dan for looking in to that.

Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan O'Neill [mailto:id3v2 at northpb.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:16 AM
To: id3v2 at id3.org
Subject: [ID3 Dev] Apache mime types fixed (was Re: [ID3 Dev] ID3V2 Icon)

Hi Dale, Brian and others,

Apache was delivering the .ico file with a text/plain mime type. I've
added image/x-icon mime type to /etc/mime.types and the icon file now
displays properly in IE.

I'm a bit stumped as to why IE wants to save these files as .bmp
(bitmap) files when you right click Save Picture As.  Solutions are
always welcome - drop me a note directly if you've got an answer.

I'll also note that Brian has edited the page and placed the .ico file
into a zip file and made that link available right below the .ico image.

Regards,

Dan

For additional commands, e-mail: id3v2-help at id3.org