[ID3 Dev] ID3V2 Icon

Dale Preston dalepres at msn.com
Wed Jan 24 18:28:21 PST 2007

Well, I am stunned.  This is certainly not the introduction to the group I
had hoped for.

I have entered the link you gave into IE 6 and IE 7 on multiple computers
each.  In no case was I offered the opportunity to download.  All I got was
a single bitmap image displayed in the browser.  If I right click the image
and select to save, I am offered only to save the single bitmap.  The bitmap
I save is 3126 bytes.  If I rename it to .ico and open it in Visual Studio
2005, I get a single 32x32 bitmap of 16 colors.  I do not get a bitmap file.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to those who sought to help but
my remarks were not directed to or about those responses.

My remarks, which were not flaming, only detailed, were targeted at those
who gave abrupt and negative responses without even understanding the issue.
For instance, one respondent stated that the team doesn't have time to
develop icons and if I wanted an icon, there were many tools available for
creating them.  Clearly, this is an uninformed response offered without
thought or consideration of the issue.  I'm not sure for what I would owe
this person an apology.

I am sorry that my first exposure to and in the group has turned so
negative.  It certainly wasn't my intention.  All I had asked for was help
in getting the icon and to point out functionality that wasn't always
working as expected.

Regards,

Dale Preston