[ID3 Dev] MusicMatch Tags

Jud White jwhite at cdtag.com
Mon Jul 16 20:26:04 PDT 2007

why read the first 256 bytes? parse the data elements according to the
spec, ignore the frames you don't care about, and go from there.

MusicMatch (along with itunes and wmp) stores some info in the COMM
frames. I don't suggest parsing it as anything other than a comment
since they don't publish their standard (to my knowledge)

check out http://sf.net/projects/idsharp (my own, grab source from svn)
or taglib#, both are opensource c# libs.. if you're just doing it for
the fun of it then be prepared to get down and dirty with the spec and
malformed tags :)

anyway to answer your question you should take a more structured
approach to reading the tags. if the first frame was an APIC that'd blow
the chances of finding artist/album/song in the first 256 bytes