[ID3 Dev] Suggestion for 2.4.1 Update

Jud White jwhite at cdtag.com
Wed Mar 28 00:48:29 PDT 2007

I think TPE1 is appropriate for track artist.  It would be non-intuitive
from my POV to search for an artist and have to consider two fields
because one track happens to reside on a VA album.

TXXX/Album Artist is used by foobar and other players/taggers to denote
the album artist in a VA album.  I think a formal field for Album Artist
would make a great addendum.  As shown with CHAP, CTOC and ATXT a
revision number isn't needed (many reasons for that as well).