[ID3 Dev] escape "/" character

Ben Bennett fiji at ayup.limey.net
Wed Apr 9 05:44:11 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 10:52:18AM +0200, Daniel Önnerby wrote:
> Our goal with musikCube 2 is to follow the standard as much as possible and
> we already support multiple artists and genre in our trunk. If iTunes does
> this differently, I could not care less since it's one of the most resource
> expensive and bloated apps there is (I guess I just explained to you why we
> are doing mC2 :) ).

I am in agreement about iTunes behaving poorly.

However, I've been discussing what they do since they are by far the
largest installed player.  So if you are going to add files that may
have been tagged by iTunes then it is worth understanding what the
heck they have done.  Especially around the frame size bug... if you
are going to add files from an iTunes tagged library, then you should
at least consider that case.  See http://id3.org/iTunes for more
details.

> Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

Hopefully others on the list are reading the responses and making sure
I'm not lying to you :-)

    	      -ben

> PS. iTunes isn't all bad, they have alot of nice features in there.

Dunno.  I only use it when I need to see what they are doing when
given certain tags ;-)