[ID3 Dev] Re: popularimeter tag

Brendan Kehoe brendanfromireland at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 23:25:40 PST 2008

Wyatt I want a manual rating stored in the files. Sorry I didnt reply until
now. I didnt get any notification of responses. I just happened to go back to
this newsgroup.

I am using mediamonkey and mp3tag at the moment. mediamonkey is not working on
my home computer but i use it in college. I havnt found any application, tag
editor or otherwise, other than mp3tag that can read or edit mediamonkeys
ratings. They do not seem to use the popularimeter tag properly because easytag
and kid3 seem to support popm popularimeter tag but cant read the mm rating.

I searched "support for popm" and have searched a lot on this before with no
luck.

I tried using windows media player to store the ratings but they werent saved
when i used wmp on another computer. I havnt looked extensively in wmp settings
but i doubt wmp uses the tag properly if mm doesnt. Maybe I should have a look.
I just thought there might be some good open source player for linux that could
use the popularimeter tag and would not stop working like mediamonkey has for
me at home. Does anybody know software that uses popm properly?

Also I will check this newsgroup soon to reply faster than before.

Thanks very much
Brendan