[ID3 Dev] Re: id3v2 ext

Munish Katoch munish.katoch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 00:41:16 PDT 2008

Hi dhanraj,

Ans in lined in RED.

ccing id3v2 at id3.org.

And one more doubt is some mp3 file contains both id3v1 and id3v2 tag.
-yes
Can u tell me which one would be better to extract
-You may have to parse both tags(id3v2x and id3v1x).
But first priority is given to id3v2x( for a particular meta data(like title
etc)).

For common meta data( Common to id3v2x and id3v1x) ==>

First check if meta data is present in id3v2x.
If found, do not check the particular meta data in id3v1x.

if not found, check the particular meta data in id3v1x.

Can u tell how to decide
Thanks,
Munish