[ID3 Dev] id3 tag extraction

Ben Bennett fiji at ayup.limey.net
Tue Jul 1 04:36:55 PDT 2008

It can be both since the ID3v2 tags are usually at the start and the
ID3v1 tags must be at the end.  Often taggers will add both to provide
backwards compatability.  In that case, I would rely on the ID3v2 tag
not the ID3v1.

In fact there could be an ID3v2.3 tag at the start, and an ID3v2.4 tag
at the end followed by an ID3v1 tag.  There could also be APE tags,
LYRICS tags and other stuff... all of which define overlapping
metadata.

       	       -ben