[ID3 Dev] RVA2 frame peak format

Jim jmartin_92 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 7 08:00:55 PDT 2008

Hi.

I know the RVA2 frame has been discussed before.  However, was any consensus
ever reached about how to handle the peak value?  I've tried checking the source
of a number of open source software that read or write this frame but all of
them I have found so far seem to ignore or skip trying to deal with the peak value.

Should it be considered an integer representation of the peak value?  Or should
it be considered a floating point scaled value where 1.0 would be full scale?

I am leaning toward writing a 32 bit floating point value and since most other
software seems to skip this value I probably wouldn't break support with
whatever I write.  But if there is some other standard for how this value should
be handled I would like to stick with that.

Thanks for any help.

Jim