[ID3 Dev] foobar2000 ID3v2.3 compliance

Audio Ranger Development developer at audioranger.com
Wed Mar 30 08:18:19 PDT 2011

Am 30.03.2011 14:11, schrieb Dan O'Neill:
> I too am not certain that a wiki is the right place for drafts and
> discussions. It's 5am here in California - I'll write again before
> noon with some ideas on how to move forward with the group to get an
> addendum drafted in a way that allows for good collaboration with an
> eye towards getting something published.

When talking about an ID3 specification addendum or revision, we should
also care about actively informing the responsible developers of
important software vendors. What we have to avoid is a situation like
it's for ID3 version 2.4 now - well specified but rarely and badly
implemented.

Is anyone in good contacts with the development teams of iTunes, Windows
Media Player, VLC Media Player, and other important ID3 implementations?
Or do you guys read this mailing list anyway?