[ID3 Dev] id3v2.4 and Windows Media Player (WMP)

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu May 3 16:34:06 PDT 2012

On May 3, 2012, at 10:51 PM, Francois Chabloz wrote:

> not writing v2.4 means not using the excellent taglib library.

The current source on github (not released yet) can write 2.3.

> it's hard to believe that such a great lib is excluding - without optional settings - such a share of users (WMP users i mean)

TagLib was a Linux-only library for most of its lifetime and was originally designed as such.  What Windows did or didn't do was irrelevant.  That said, I see WMP as the Internet Explorer 6 of music players and cringe a bit seeing people tiptoe around its failure to implement a standard introduced 12 years ago.

-Scott