[ID3 Dev] Whole Album Tags

Brian Mearns bmearns at coe.neu.edu
Mon Nov 21 19:34:37 PST 2005

I'm interested in constructing a data base of my record collection using
  ID3 format. My plan is to just create a file for each album, the only
contents of the file would be an ID3 tag with the album's meta data. I
want to set it up so that the entire tag contains all the data for the
album, plus a frame for each track which contains any necessary meta
data for that track, including possible "overrides" of the data in the
album (parent) tag (For instance, the album may have a certain composer,
but one particular track has a different composer.)

I was just curious if there was any existing structure for something
like this, or if anyone's came across anything like it before.

Thanks

-Brian Mearns