[ID3 Dev] PureMp3 (yet another tag editor pt. II)

Matthias Mayrock mail at mroc.de
Fri Jul 1 14:25:34 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

inspired from Andrew's open source Bulk ID3 I made my editor open
source, too.

I wrote it from the same motivation as Andrew (Hi ;-) ). It was the
first time I switched to TDD as it was my own data which got processed.
It is written in C# .net 4.0, builds with VS2010 and is available at

https://bitbucket.org/mroc/puremp3/src

It is separated in several layers with logging, multithreading,
abstracted file system, unit tested ID3 tag library with cascadable
batch processors, music brainz + freeDb + discogs interfaces, undo
supporting document classes, MVVM tag editor models, XAML editors, SqlCE
library database and more.

The FreeDb code was heavily inspired by Brian Weeres
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-video/freedb.aspx whereas the MPEG
header examples was taken from Robert Wlodarczyk.

best wishes,
matthias mayrock