[ID3 Dev] foobar2000 ID3v2.3 compliance

Paul Taylor paul_t100 at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 29 12:45:20 PDT 2011

On 29/03/2011 18:36, Benjamin Cook wrote:

>> You just need to explain yourself better, now that you have some
>> modification will be made to the compliance issues page
>
> Thanks. That's all I wanted.
>
> I figured listing the "compliance issue" that was fixed and stating
> when it was fixed was sufficient. My first post to this list contains
> all the information needed to allow whoever to verify that what I said
> was true.
It didnt make clear what had changed, I always think if you want
somebody to do something for you should make it as easy as possible for
them.
> I'm not going to debate this with you. It's absurd enough that despite
> adding the compliance issue you're counseling people to violate the
> specification!
I do not think it is absurd, the compliant page lists non-compliance and
foobar was non-compliant this is important information for developers
and users to ensure the best possible compatibility.

But this incompatibility is not in itself all bad, I myself have put
forward the idea of a 2.3.1 specification, if I was a the foobar
developer I would provide an option to use null or '/' s

Paul